SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is a government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world. This is not a grant – you are entitled to this money under the Income Tax Act.
Many medically supervised clinics qualify for SR&ED program
If you answer yes to any of the following questions you could be sitting on an untapped refund.
- Is your clinical practice incorporated?
- Do you practice in a field of clinical specialty?
- Have you ever or would you like to study clinical data in order to reveal new clinical knowledge?
- Have you ever noticed clinical trends in your clinical practice?
- Have you developed new clinical treatments or therapies?
- Has your work resulted in an advancement in knowledge in a field of clinical medicine?
There are only 3 criteria for eligibility plus evidence.
- Scientific uncertainty
- Scientific advancement
- Systematic investigation
- Scientific content and evidence