Government Funding for Agriculture
SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is a government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world. This is not a grant – you are entitled to this money under the Income Tax Act.
There have been many advancements in agricultural techniques, despite the fact that this is a very traditional industry. Farmers struggle with finding methods to increase crop yield, modify growing conditions for plant species that are not native to Canada, reduce infestations, and improve harvesting efficiencies.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions you could be sitting on an untapped refund.
- Have you encountered technological obstacles or scientific uncertainties in the course of your work?
- Have you encountered challenges involving climate, environment, plant or animal genetics, animal husbandry, soil?
- Does your work involve horticulture, agronomy, viticulture, forestry, aqua culture & fisheries, dairy science or other related sciences?
- Have you designed or developed any technology that is state-of-the-art?
- Have you solved scientific problems by going beyond available knowledge, methods or routine engineering?
- Have you developed any products that were patented?