SR&ED Clinics – Medical
SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is a government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world.
The SR&ED program is not a grant, but strangely enough, does actually behave like a grant. Traditional grants are pre-approved before work commences. SR&ED grants for medical clinics are retroactive and approved after the fiscal year-end of the corporation.
Many medically supervised clinics qualify for SR&ED program
SR&ED Claim for Medical Industry
If you answer yes to any of the following questions you could be sitting on an untapped refund.
- Is your clinical practice incorporated? Do you have a BN?
- Do you practice in a field of clinical specialty?
- Have you ever or would you like to study clinical data in order to reveal new clinical knowledge?
- Have you ever noticed clinical trends in your clinical practice?
- Have you developed new clinical treatments or therapies?
- Has your work resulted in an advancement of knowledge in a field of clinical medicine or medical specialty?
SR&ED Eligibility for Medical Clinics
There are only 3 criteria for eligibility plus evidence:
- Scientific or medical uncertainty
- Scientific or medical advancement
- Systematic investigation
- plus Technical Content